With effect from 17th June 2022, the Ofcom regulations will implement new European Electronic Communications Code (EECC) rules that aim to improve your rights when entering into a contract with us or when we make changes to your service.
Who do these changes apply to:
These rules will apply to you if you are:
- a Microenterprise or Small Enterprise Customer or Not-For-Profit Customer and no more than 10 individuals work for you (whether as employees, volunteers or otherwise)); or
- a Consumer.
(Some definitions are available at the end of this schedule).
Your rights from 17th June 2022:
- Entering into a Contract and Contract Summary: Before entering into a contract we will provide you with relevant contract information and a contract summary.
- Contract Term: Any commitment period (other than for the contract for the instalment of a physical connection) will be a maximum of 24 months.
- Extending Contracts: If you purchase additional services from us, we will not extend your contract without your express consent.
- Changes to Contracts: If we make changes to your service, we will give you notice of such changes. You may have the right to terminate your contract within one month after notification, at no additional costs, if any changes are not exclusively of benefit to you. This does not apply if the change is purely administrative and has no negative effect on you.
Please contact us on 0800 054 6200, for further information.