Business Development Manager – Wholesale
An opportunity has arisen to join SCG as a Business Development Manager. This is an exciting time to join the business with its ambitious expansion target. You will be part of our busy Sales team, and your key objective will be to develop and build long term relationships between SCG and our partners.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will work within the existing SCG partner base and recruit new partners to develop new business, prepare proposals and quotations for the provision of SCG‘s suite of products, and to negotiate and win contracts.
The BDM will be assigned existing partners to achieve new growth by providing desk and field based business development support. The BDM will also be responsible for recruiting new partners to work with.
Qualifications & Experience
- 4+ years related experience in a sales role. Ideally the candidate will also possess:
- A degree of proficiency in excel and the general Microsoft Office suite, database management and CRM.
Knowledge & Skills
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers and business associates
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients
- Written and verbal communication skills – needed for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
- IT skills, including the use of spreadsheets
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work
- Decision-making skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- Project management and organisational skills
- Self-motivated and adaptable to be able to work with minimal supervision
- A flexible approach to work with the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A competitive salary and commission structure
- Full training
- Ongoing personal development
- A busy, fun working environment